Saturday 4 January 2014

OS: Sparkles of New Year's Eve


Location (fictional)



OS: Sparkles of New Year's Eve


Only few hours to strike twelve & A new year coming again.. Happiness and laughter echoing into the oldest and very famous bar of Hilton Village.. The live music band at the front side while some of the crowd occupied the dancing floor.. Friends drinking.. Couples enlaced... A bloc note in her hands, her hairs tied into two thick braids, Khushi walked to the bartender and asked...

Khushi: You called for me Bryan??

Bartender: Yes, table 6!

Khushi: Right away!

In her barmaid uniform, Khushi turned towards the tables.. A glance at the band and she smiled at the singer who winked at her.. Don Williams was one of her favorite singer and though he was of the age of her father, after several time that he performed in the bar, they became good friends.. As she reached table 6, she asked smilingly..

Khushi: Your order sir!

One of the 4 guys, a middle-aged man lifted his eyes.. He smiled back at Khushi as he said casually..

Table 6 Customer: Just 4 large beers.. and a taste of your rosy lips..

On the spot, Khushi's eyes shot wide open.. and she boiled in anger while the 4 guys burst out laughing..And she replied in a serious tone..

Khushi: 4 large beers.. I guess that should be all.. Excuse me!

And she walked away.. As she reached the bar, she burst out in anger in front of her best friend, Bonnie!

Khushi: I wish I could add loads of peppers into their beers.. bloody cheapo..

Bonnie, also known as the sexiest barmaid of the locality, she stared at Khushi in confusion...

Bonnie: Hey hey relax.. it's new year's eve Khush.. don't exert your nerves too much sweetie!

Khushi: I cannot believe this, just because we wear those stupid uniforms that doesn't make us bloody prostitutes..

Bonnie: Well sweetie.. I'm telling you again.. Get used to it.. This is the destiny of barmaids.. No prince charming will visit us.. Only cheap, dirty and horrible smelled bikers..

One of the 4 guys looked at bonnie and called her out loud...

Table 6 Customer: Hey Bonnie!

Bonnie faked a smile as she waved to them.. and she said to Khushi..

Bonnie: And we have no choice other than behaving as prostitutes.. if we want to live.. that's life!

Bonnie set her dress correctly and pushed up her breasts making her appear even more sexy.. She took the tray with the 4 beers from the counter and walked towards the table while Khushi stared at her sadly as she mumbled to herself..

Khushi: yeah, that's life!

And she nodded to herself.. When suddenly.. A husky voice caught her attention.. from the extremity of the counter.. sitting on the bar stool, sipping into hot coffee.. Wearing a blue jacket and casual jeans... A young yet undeniably hot guy said without even shifting his gaze towards Khushi...

Guy: Life is full of surprises! We never know when the table of destiny might turn into one's favor!

Khushi: Excuse me!

The guy finally turned his eyes towards Khushi.. And for a second, she felt hypnotized.. She pierced into his eyes.. Never ever before she felt so much intensity from someone's one look.. Her reverie broke when he said..

Guy: Don't you think so??

Khushi slowly walked towards him.. She stood by the counter in front of him.. and she replied boldly..

Khushi: Not really Sir! Miracles are just fake stories in the house of the poor ones.. Are you new here??

A lopsided grin formed on his face.. and he said teasingly..

Guy: Why? Don't I look like one of you??

Khushi: No, actually I mean.. I never saw you here before.. and of course.. even if this is also a caf cum bar but since years of service, I can assure you that you are the first one who ordered coffee.. and that too on a new year's eve!

Guy: Well you've guess right then.. I've drove like hours to reach here..

Khushi glared at the guy inquisitively as she laid her arms on the counter..

Khushi: Hours? I never realized our bar was so famous..

Guy: Well not really.. I took the road without knowing where it's taking me...

Khushi let a chuckle and said..

Khushi: Are you crazy or a nomad??

The guy laid his arms crossed on the counter and they flicked Khushi's arms..

ASR: What do you think Miss..?

Khushi: Khushi??

Guy: What do you think Miss Khushi??

Khushi: Well I think that you should go back and spend new year's eve with your family.. only lucky ones have such chances!

Guy: And how can you be sure that there is a family waiting for me! I might be a nomad after all!

A smile curved on her lips..

Khushi: Branded jacket, tight jeans.. and upon that a down to earth good looking guy! No chance.. I'm sure your parents must be waiting for you desperately..

Guy: As well as an over possessive so called fiance!

Suddenly Khushi felt an unknown prick at her heart but instantly she ignored it and exclaimed..

Khushi: Oh! Then you must eventually rush back Mr...

Guy: ASR.. you can call me ASR!

Khushi: ASR! Unusual name.. but nice..

ASR smirked and took another sip of his coffee which already turned cold by now.. and then said..

ASR: By the way, I like your honesty.. Down to earth good looking guy.. Never ever someone described me in such descriptive words.. You got style.. What is a girl like you doing in this bar??

Khushi: Rent of a room with a tiny attached bathroom and of course food for survival.. The problem of many in this world..

ASR: Oh I see.. can I be of any help.. I'll be glad!

Khushi: And can I know why will you be helping a stranger??

ASR: Well for your company.. I hate spending new year alone.. If it was not for mum, then I'd still be in London enjoying with friends!

Khushi: And what about the fiance?

ASR: Not the fiance, just the chosen girl of my father.. which only gives her the title of my father's daughter in law! But not for long..

Khushi looked at him in surprise..

Khushi: What do you mean?

ASR: Well in short, I have experience..

Khushi: Experience??

ASR: At breaking, the alliances of my father.. It's damn fun!

Khushi: Alliance, you call your engagement alliances!

ASR: That's what it is.. See I'll explain.. My wedding is kind of a business for him.. He sees both profits and loss.. Two affluent people meet.. talk.. share their views.. and by the end of the meeting if profits overcome loss.. "Congratulations my son is marrying your daughter"...

Khushi appeared to be quite amused as she said teasingly..

Khushi: Seems like a risky business..

ASR: Don't worry, I've already broke two alliances in the previous years... this one is going to be my third one..

Suddenly, Bryan called out from far..

Bryan: Khushi, new customers, table 1!

Khushi nodded to the bartender and excused herself from ASR..

Khushi: Excuse Me!

She stepped out from behind the counter and was passing by ASR when all of a sudden Bonnie bumped into her deliberately and she fell into the arms of ASR.. Their eyes met while Don Williams began singing Khushi's favorite song..





First I get cold, then hot
Think I'm on fire, but I'm not
Oh, what a pain I've got
It must be love

She was idled.. The arms of ASR holding her waist tight... She felt so tempted.. After all how can one resist to such a seductive man.. His cologne drove her crazy..


There's nothing I can do
All that I want is you
Look what I'm going through
It must be love

She bite her lips in nervousness.. The proximity made her felt so restless.. She thought that she might just kiss him openly if he delayed in doing so! What was this?? The chemistry was so intense.. But then.. reality shattered everything.. How stupid she was.. This guy seemed to come from some greek god family.. and she.. was just a barmaid.. Khushi finally got back her senses and she tried to straightened her body.. As she stood back on her feet, ASR asked in concern..

ASR: Are you ok?

Khushi replied with a stern look...

Khushi: I'm fine, excuse me!

CHORUS:
It must be love, it must be love
I fall like a sparrow, fly like a dove
You must be the dream, I've been dreamin' of
Oh what a feeling, it must be love

ASR was unable to look elsewhere.. His eyes followed her expressions... The way she stood.. The way she talked.. that cute gesture when she pushed her hair lock behind her ears..

Something is wrong alright
I think of you all night
Can't sleep til morning light
It must be love
She was something, he thought..

Seeing you in my dreams
Holding you close to me
Oh what else can it be
It must be love

Hours passed by.. They talked.. they laughed.. they learned about each other, trying to be friends while ignoring those feelings.. ASR found out a lot about her.. The barmaid was after all a very intelligent girl.. Someone who deserved better in life.. A strong girl with an innocent heart who secretly dreams of prince charming..


CHORUS:
It must be love, it must be love
I fall like a sparrow, fly like a dove
You must be the dream, I've been dreamin' of
Oh what a feeling, it must be love

As the music came to an end, ASR and Khushi looked towards Don Williams as he announced...

Don Williams: Ok Folks.. it's nearly twelve.. so get to your love ones.. and let's begin the countdown.. 10.. 9..

Khushi stared at the crowd with a faint smile on her face..

Crowd and Don Williams: 8.. 7.. 6..

And all this time, ASR's eyes were all for Khushi.. He didn't miss the sadness written on her face.. And slowly he brought his hands on hers which brought her back to reality.. Khushi looked into his eyes as ASR repeated with the crowd..

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1..
Crowd: Happy New Year..

As the clock strikes twelve, ASR leaned towards Khushi.. and cupping her face, he took her lips into a tender kiss.. No rush.. just a kiss.. a gentle one.. the kiss she waited for years.. And when he finally pulled back, he said in a low yet clear voice..

ASR: Happy New Year Khushi!

It took her few seconds to deal with reality.. and when she got her senses back.. she stuttered..

Khushi: Happy New Year..

Arnav smirked as Khushi kept on staring at him.. The bar was in joy.. Everyone wishing everyone.. It was happy time.. Bonnie ran to Khushi and jumped to her neck excitedly as she yelled out..

Bonnie: Happy New Year!

Khushi looked towards Bonnie, and hugged her tight as she wished her back..

Khushi: Happy New Year Bonnie..

Looking towards ASR, and then back to Khushi, she winked at her.. Khushi blushed as she realized that Bonnie saw them kissing.. And when bonnie walked away...

ASR: Ohh you blush also.. that's news!

Khushi touched her red cheeks and grimaced as ASR teased her.. Suddenly a man rushed inside the bar and approached ASR.. He tapped on the back of ASR and the latter turned to him.. While Khushi looked at them out of curiosity, ASR asked to the man..

ASR: What are you doing here?

Man: The King wants to meet you!

At the name of the king, Khushi's mouth went wide open and her eyes popped out...

ASR: You go, I'll come!

Man: Ok..

The man walked out and ASR turned back to Khushi disappointedly.. His heart pained to let go of her now.. but he had to go.. else how will he come back for her.. as it was indeed obvious that he lost his heart to that innocent looking girl and her crazy talks.. But before he could utter a word, Khushi said...

Khushi: Don't tell me as new year's gift, you get to meet the king?

A grin formed on his face and he said..

ASR: Not exactly...

Khushi: So?

ASR: Actually my ruthless father happens to be the king of Trotia Village!

Khushi's breath stopped on the spot and her eyes shot open in shock.. and she said with great difficult..

Khushi: A.S.R! you..you.. ar.. are.. Arnav Singh Raizada.. No I'm Sorry.. I mean.. Prince Arnav Singh Raizada! You mean the prince of trotia kissed me.. the.. barmaid!


And ASR replied..

ASR: Exactly..

While ASR stared at Khushi in amusement.. His eyes popped out, when he realized that if he doesn't react on the spot, then this crazy girl would definitely passed out.. Instantly he held Khushi's arms and pulled her to him.. His lips found hers and he kissed her violently waking her from any reverie... He then pulled back and let her take a deep breath before asking..

ASR: Fine now??

Khushi nodded a yes indecisively!

ASR: Good! I'll come back for you.. Right now I have to go.. My father is going to have a double shock.. I like you Miss Khushi.. and..

Khushi: And..

ASR: Wait for me..

Khushi: And...

Arnav smirked at her nervousness as well as her insistence to know exactly what she is getting into..

ASR: And I think I have lost my heart somewhere.. By the way, my mobile number is on your bar counter..

Arnav winked at her and turned away.. Khushi stared at his retreating back till he reached the door while repeating to herself..

Khushi: If he turns back, he will come back.. if he turns back, he will come back.. please please turn.. please

And suddenly her face broke into a wide smile as Arnav waved to her one last time before walking out.. As soon as he disappeared, Khushi almost threw everything on the counter till finally she found the business card of ASR laid in a corner of the counter..  
A.S.R - Arnav Singh Raizada
Private Number: xxx

And Khushi jumped in excitement cherishing Arnav's card as she exclaimed..

Khushi: I found my prince!
Arnav Singh Raizada is my prince..
A Real Prince.. My heart is beating for the real prince!

Dhak Dhak Dhak...

A shining smile on her face she yelled out to the crowd as she lifted her champagne laughingly...

Khushi: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE.. wooohhhooo.. Cheers

For the first time of her life, she felt alive.. happy and not lonely.. She too can have someone.. Her prince came after all...

~THE END~

I WISH EVERY ARSHI FANS A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014... MAY THE YEAR BRINGS LOADS OF HAPPINESS NEW EXPERIENCES AND NEW FRIENDS..
ALL THE BEST!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment